The Jezic Women’s
| Announcing the 2008 winner of the Women Composer Competition:
Her composition, View From Mt. Nebo, was performed April 6, 2008
by the Ravel Trio.
The Jezic Ensemble is pleased to announce our annual women’s composer
contest named in honor of Diane Peacock Jezic.The 2008 competition is seeking submissions composed for piano trio.
A single movement or multi-movement work is acceptable.
Please print out, complete and submit the application with the materials listed below to: JEZIC, PO BOX 653, Hampstead, MD 21074
1. APPLICATION FEE: $25.00.
Please make your check payable to JEZIC.
2. Please include 5 copies of the score reduction for review.
3. Please include 1 set of individual parts for trio members.
4. Please include 5 copies of a recording of your work
(this can be CD, downloadable file, live performance or computer generated, ~we accept what you can send us to help us
best understand and become familiar with your work)
5. Composers may submit more than one selection
6. Selections can be published or unpublished –all compositions by women composers will be considered
10. All musical styles welcome
Prize: FIRST PLACE
1. An invitation to the April 6, 2008 concert as our special guest
2. Announcements on web sites and in music journals
3. The winning selection will be included in a CD to celebrate women composers (produced by the Jezic)
4. Other print/press announcements and articles
5. The winning selection will be performed by the Ravel Trio www.raveltrio.com at the Celebrating Women Composers: The Diane Peacock Jezic Memorial Concert to be held April 6, 2008 at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre. Ravel has agreed to perform the winning composition in two additional public concerts during their 2008-2009 season.
Panel One: The compositions will be judged by a group of six musicians/composers who will pick five selections that will go to the final panel for review. Panel Two: Is comprised of composers who will select the winning composition.
All composers who submit works will be contacted.
Please feel free to call or email us for additional information.